Volunteers pack cases for foster children http://wbay.com/2016/05/21/volunteers-pack-cases-for-foster-children/ via @WBAY #hugscharity #duplicatingsuccessstories http://ow.ly/i/jBHyD
- According to Child Welfare Information Gateway, 2/3 kids who live in the U.S. and are part of the foster care system also have a sibling in the system.
- “It was not until the mid-1990s that state legislators and courts initiated regulations regarding sibling placement and visitation, and in 2004 the Child and Family Services Reviews began to consider efforts to place siblings together.”
- Why is it important for siblings to be placed in the same home together?
- It increases a siblings feeling of well-being and safety
- It allows siblings to have a support system
- Children and young adults may experience certain negative emotions as a result, such as anxiety, grief, and loss over their separation #agingout #fostercare #HUGScharity
Children’s Bureau/ACYF. (2013). Sibling issues in foster care and adoption. [Bulletin]. District of Columbia. Children’s Bureau/ACYF.
[Untitled photograph of children]. Retrieved from http://www.dabsj.org/sites/default/files/styles/inside_large_image/public/images/siblings.jpg?itok=YYQic2Jc